Goongeon (Metroidvania Month Jam #19)
- Left/Right: movement of the player.
- Up: Save game, talk, eat dead bodies, look up (while holding)
- Down: Look down (while holding)
- C : Jump
- X: Dash
- V: Attack
- M: Map
- Esc: Menu
You are a slime, the most underrated creature of the underground. However you can become the most feared creature. Metroidvania Month Jam 19: https://itch.io/jam/metroidvania-month-19/rate/1970372
The controls are switchable. Compatible with joypad.
Developed with Godot 4 stable. Tested with Chrome
Programmed by DavidKBD and jonnydrumz
Art and design by truemushy
Level design by jonnydrumz
Music by DavidKBD
Sound effects from Pixabay
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Published||5 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Tags||2D, Metroidvania, metroidvania-month, Pixel Art, Singleplayer|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Goongeon.dmg 228 MB
Goongeon.exe 86 MB
Goongeon.x86_64 88 MB
- Goongeon update2 days ago
- Goongeon (Metroidvania Month Jam 19)5 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
hello! My map is not working… it just shows a tiny player icon but no rooms or anything. Is it an upgrade you have to find? Or is that a bug?
really enjoy the character movement and the overall art style! but I want to play with a map for sure
I’m using the Windows downloaded version
ouch! the map is broken! I'm working to fix it now, thanks for report!
(to show the known rooms, you need save the progress each time)
wow thanks for the quick fix! Will test it out and let you know if anything isn’t working
hey ok cool, map works.
So I really was impressed with the art style, the music, and the animations. Great atmosphere.
- variable jump height! There’s quite a few times where it was too tricky to get somewhere cuz u over jump
- the combat is a bit souls like, and feels too tricky. Really hard to avoid getting hit
- part of that ^ reason is the dash is pretty unresponsive. You can’t hit and instantly dash, it takes a second before the dash animation will start, which is often too late
- I’m sure this is just incomplete areas for the current state, but a lot of dead ends. Like I found a secret wall but there was just a guy there or nothing
Overall, this has so much promise. I like the overall premise (you’re the standard blob enemy fighting the typical protagonist). It’s gorgeous. Just a bit more responsiveness, combat balancing, and filling in the gaps.
Hmmm I seem to be running into some invisible spikes here...? In one of the tunnels
Jesus it's literally dark souls of itchiovanias x_x i can't get past the first hero
ok turns out i just didnt try standing my ground and spamming
Ouch! Thanks for report this problem :)
In the latest update, we accidentally deleted some spikes in this area. We have already fixed it.
Have a nice day!